This course guide has information that will help you with the following types of research:
1. How to track down key secondary source works (scholarly journal articles and books) on a given historical topic.
2. Finding historic newspaper articles in print or online, including the major newspapers subscribed to by the SDSU library.
3. Strategies for locating primary sources such as letters, diaries, memoirs, poems, oral histories, photographs, relief agency records, and disaster memorials concerning a major natural disaster.
4. How to access archival collections at SDSU and elsewhere.
5. How to access census statistics or demographic studies of the consequences of a particular disaster.
6. How to search for other kinds of government documents (British Parliamentary Papers, etc.) that might discuss a given natural disaster.
Laurel Bliss Lisa Lamont
European History Librarian Digital Collections Librarian
Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 619-594-4446 Phone: 619-594-2656