Circuit is a consortium of 6 public and academic libraries in San Diego County, California.
We support healthy communities by enhancing information access and learning for all library users.
We serve communities across San Diego County through our libraries:
Since 1997, we have provided a service for library users to borrow print books from other San Diego Circuit libraries quickly.
Additionally, we collaborate on strategic information initiatives in the San Diego County region.
Our strategies include:
- Share reliable health information
- Engage community groups around health information
- Provide educational services for health information literacy
- Partner on strategic initiatives to mitigate health misinformation in San Diego County
View the full version of the figure.
Read about our planning and project work.
San Diego Circuit hosts the:
San Diego Health Information Partnership
– a network of library workers in San Diego County, California, sharing a concern about health misinformation and striving to make a positive difference
Our partnership brings together expertise in information access, technology, learning support, and community engagement to build healthy information environments.
Contact the Advisory Team of the San Diego Health Information Partnership:
Erik Mitchell, Audrey Geisel University Librarian, UC San Diego Library (Lead)
Oscar Gittemeier, Program Manager, Division of Innovation and Community Engagement, San Diego Public Library
Margaret Henderson, Health Sciences Librarian, San Diego State University Library
Tricia Lantzy, Health Sciences and Human Services Librarian, CSUSM University Library
Jeffery Loo, Clinical Librarian, UC San Diego Library
Karen O'Grady, Nursing Librarian, University of San Diego Libraries
Melissa Abernathy, Head of Reference, University of San Diego Pardee Legal Research Center
Melissa Solis, Adult Services Manager, San Diego County Library